Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Life Is A Struggle ...

As a child, I never understood the realities involved in being an adult. I grew up in a protected environment. I remember my childhood almost appearing to be carefree - at least - to those outside of our family circle.
Since turning fifty last year, life has become much more difficult for me. Being a responsible adult means constantly dealing with life's realities on a daily basis. This means taking care of everything in a timely manner. To me, it is like swimming against the current.
I cannot count how many times I have failed in one area or another. It is like I am still searching for myself. How can this still be happening at the age of fifty?
I am a responsible adult, however, I have not experienced success in my chosen career.
I take part-time jobs outside the home just to pay the bills. I live paycheck to paycheck each month.
I have the ability to change my attitude.
I am not in the place where God wants me to be ...

No comments: